Kathy is the owner of The Pole Project. She moved to Cape Town from London in 2012, before deciding to ditch the long hours of a corporate law firm and open her own dance studio.
Having trained with several professional and inspirational teachers, Kathy became a qualified instructor and started The Pole Project with the aim of growing and expanding the pole dance community in Cape Town, and bringing the same euphoria and empowerment that pole dance brings to her, to her students.
Kathy has immersed herself in various dance forms since a young age. Her passion for the arts feeds into her appreciation of the strength and beauty of pole dance as an art form.
- The sensual style of pole dance. Sexy is strong, and strong is sexy.
- Travelling. She has been all over the world – born and grew up in Singapore, lived in London, Paris, Hong Kong and Shanghai… and now resides in SA.
- Her cats, named after her favourite Japanese beers. She wishes she was as flexy and nimble as them.
- Snowboarding, surfing and wakeboarding… anything that involves fun in the sun with her feet attached to a board.
Kathy has competed in various competitions, including:
- Miss Pole Dance SA 2013, Doubles Division, 1st place
- National Pole Sports Competition 2014, Doubles Division, 2nd place
- Pole Theatre SA 2014, Pole Classique Division, 4th place
- Pole Theatre SA 2015, Pole Classique Division, 2nd place