Learning handstands online has its challenges, and here are our tips for you to get the MOST out of it:
- Take breaks as often as you need to, and don’t feel rushed to hold your handstand for 30 seconds or more at a time.
- With the skills, pause frequently, TRY often.
- Listen to your body. When your wrists need a break, move on to the conditioning. You can work on 2 skills + conditioning in one session, or 3 or 4 skills per session, depending on your wrist and shoulder strength.
- Alignment and positioning is key. Listen in detail to the alignment tips. Take time to check your alignment – film yourself, or if you have a mirror, use it.
- Set time aside to watch and practice just as you would for an in-person class.
- Set yourself up for success by preparing your space, mind, and body for optimal effort.
- The handstand is a skill, so you’ll benefit from frequent practice, even if you can’t do long sessions each time.
- PLAY. Whilst serious practice is important, playful exploration within and around the skills you’ve just practiced is key to mastering those skills.
You can purchase the entire collection of videos in our Intermediate Handstands series for: ZAR 450 | USD 30 | EUR 25
Alternatively, you may also purchase individual videos separately.
- Warm-up and Conditioning, each video for: ZAR 150 | USD 10 | EUR 10
- Skills #1 – #6, each video for: ZAR 80 | USD 5 | EUR 5
The introduction video will be included with all purchases.